HEIGHT AND DISTANCE TRICKS
• Line of sight is a straight line from our eye to the object.
• Angle of depression:If an object is below the horizontal line from the eye, we have to lower our head to view the object. In this process our eyes moves through an angle. This angle is called the angle of depression. The angle of depression of an object viewed is the angle formed by the line of sight with the horizontal line, when the object is below the horizontal line.
• Angle of elevation:If an object is above the horizontal line from our eyes we have to raise our head to view the object. In this process our eyes move through an angle formed by the line of sight and horizontal line which is called the angle of elevation.
Few things to remember before we start solving problems :
• Read the statements of the question carefully.
• Construct a diagram for the problem for better understanding and visualization of the problem.
• Identify the trigonometrical ratio that will be useful for solving the problem.
• Real world problems will not have standard angles always. So use the below table whenever and wherever necessary.