Class 10th is considered a crucial stage in the academic life of a student. It is important for you to prepare well for it! Here is a SAMPLE PAPER OF SOCIAL SCIENCE for you to test, how well prepared you are till now.
Subject: SOCIAL SCIENCE
Time allowed: 3 hrs
Total marks : 80
80 General Instructions
1. There are 36 questions & all questions are compulsory.
2. 1- 16 are MCQs. & 17-36 are Subjective.
3. 1-16 carry 1 marks.
4. 17-29 carry 3 marks
5. 30-34 carry 4 marks.
6. 35& 36 carry 5 marks (History- 2 marks, geography- 3 marks)
GROUP- A (MCQ type carry 1 marks)
1. Which one of the following facilities is offered by Election commission to a recognized political party? a) Party Name b) Manifesto c) Election Symbol d) Election Fund
2. Who among the following took power in the southern part of Vietnam after the division of the country? a) Ngo Dinh Diem b) Ho Chi Minh c) Bao Dai d) N.L.F
3. Who, among the following , was the author of famous book ‘Hind Swaraj’? a) Mahatma Gandhi b) Shaukat Ali c) Jawaharlal Nehru d) Subash Chandra Bose
4. In which one of the following courts a consumer should file a case it he/she is exploited in the market? a) Local court b) State court c) Supreme court d) Consumer court
5. Which of the following industries generate the largest number of employment? a) Cotton industry b) Jute industry c) Silk industry d) Textile industry
6. Which one of the following political parties grew out of the movement? a) Communist party of India. b) Asom Gana Parisad c) All India Congress d) Bahujan Samaj Party
7. Why did the “Go East Movement ” become popular in Vietnam during the 1st decade of 20th century? Choose the most appropriate answer from the following. a) Vietnamese students went to Japan to acquire education. b) They went Japan to ban Japanese language. c) They went to get lucrative job. d) They looked for foreign arms & helped to drive away the French from Vietnam
8. Which one of the following non-conventional sources of energy is harnessed in the Parvati valley near Manikaran in Himachal Pradesh? a) Solar energy b) Tidal energy c) Geothermal energy d) Wind energy
9. Which one of the following minerals belong to the category of ferrous mineral? a) Gold b) Copper c) Manganese d) Bauxite
10. Which one of the following is considered the best form of government? a) Democracy b) Dictatorship c) Monarchy d) Military rule
11. Which one of the following rights is ensure to the citizens under the RTI act? a) Right to choose b) Right to informed c) Right to safety d) Right to heard
12. Which one of the following states is the largest producer of bauxite in India? a) Orissa b) Gujarat c) Jharkhand d) Maharashtra
13. Which one of the following is a better way to carry out political reforms in a democratic country? a) Legal changes b) Empowerment of people c) Constitutional changes d) Legislation reforms
14. Which among the following has one party system? a) U.S.A b) U.K c) China d) Japan
15. Which one of the following cities has emerged as the “Electronic capital of India” ? a) Kolkata b) Hyderabad c) Bengalure d) Delhi
16. which one of the following countries has been more benefited after globalization? a) Rich countries b) Poor countries c) Developing countries d) Developed countries
GROUP-B (SHORT answer type question carry 3 marks)
17. What were the dissimilarities between the process of unification of Italy and Germany?
OR What steps did the French revolutionaries take to create a sense of collective identity among the French people?
18. How did Gandhiji want the Non Cooperation Movement to unfold? Explain
19. Mention any three iron ore- belts of India? Write any three characteristics of the southern most iron ore belt.
20. How do industries pollute air? Explain its disadvantages.
21. How are MNCs spreading their production across countries? Explain with example.
22. Explain the three main elements of Democratic struggle.
23. What is the meaning of liberalization of foreign trades? What does it mean in the Indian context?
24. Explain any 4 ways in which democracies have been able to reduce inequality & poverty.
25. Agriculture and industries are not exclusive of each other. They move hand in hand. Justify the statement with any three suitable arguments.
26. What do you know about the Rowlatt Act? How did Gandhi ji plan to oppose this act? How did the Colonial government react to the popular upsurge?
27. Why is the cheap and affordable credit importance for the country’s Development? Explain three reasons.
28. Who was Alluri Sitaram Raju? Explain his role in inspiring the rebels with Gandhi ji?
29. Write about the role played by women in our struggle for freedom.
GROUP-C (LONG answer types carry 4 marks)
30. Describe the various party systems existing in various countries.
31. Which factors are responsible for the decentralization of cotton textile mills in India?
32. How is that average person in Punjab has more income than the average person in Kerala but lags behind in other crucial areas?
33. What is meant by sustainable economic development? Give its main features.
34. What are the differences in the employment conditions between organized and unorganized sectors of the economy?
35. On an outline political map of India locate and label the following :-
(1) Place associated with the congress session held in 1927
(2) Place associated with the calling off of the non cooperation movement
(3) Place associated with the no tax cam
36. Three features A, B and C are marked on the given political map of India . Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the lines marked on the map .
(1) Cooper mines(2) Software technology park
(3) A major sea port in Odisha