Important Questions, Revision Notes and Video Lectures on Real Numbers for Class 10 Board Exam (Padhte Chalo, Badhte Chalo- Eckovation). Join Group Code 101010 to discuss your doubts with educators from IIT Delhi
- Unit 2 of class X CBSE contains 4 chapters which includes
2.Pair of linear equation in two variables
- This unit carries 20 marks out of 80
- Click here to download revision notes of polynomials
Short Answer Type Questions
- If α and β are the zeros of the polynomial 2x ²– 7x + 3. Find the sum of the reciprocal of its zeros.
- If α& β are the zeros of the polynomial p(x) = x² – a (x + 1) – b such that (α+ 1) ( β+ 1) = 0 then find value of b.
- If α& β are the zeros of the polynomial x ²– (k + 6) x + 2 (2k – 1). Find k if α+β=1/2αβ
- If (x + p) is a factor of the polynomial 2x² + 2px + 5x + 10 find p.
- Find a quadratic polynomial whose zeroes are (5+ 3 √2) and (5- 3 √2) .
- If 1/5 and – 2 are respectively product and sum of the zeroes of a quadratic polynomial. Find the polynomial.
- Find zeroes of √ 3x²- 8x+ 4 √3.
- If (x + k) is a factor of the polynomial x ²–2x–15 and x ³+ a. Find k and a.
- Form a quadratic polynomial, one of whose zero is (2+√5) and the sum of zeros is 4.
- If sum of the zeroes of kx² + 3k + 2x is equal to their product. Find k.
Long Answers Type Questions
- Find the zeroes of 6x ² – 3 – 7x. Verify the relationship between the zeros and coefficients.
- If one zero of he polynomial (a² + a) x ² + 13x + 6a is reciprocal of the other, find value (s) of a.
- –5 is one of the zeroes of 2x ² + px – 15. Quadratic polynomial p(x ²+ x) + k has both the zeros equal to each other. Then find k.
- Find the value of k such that 3x² + 2kx + x – k – 5 has the sum of the zeros as half of their product.
- If (x – 2) is one of the factors of x ³– 3x ² – 4x + 12 find the other zeros.
- If α& β are the zeros of he polynomial x ²– 5x + k such that α-β= 1, find the value of k.
- If α& β are zeros of quadratic polynomial 2x² + 5x + k, find the value of k, such that (α+ β)²-αβ = 24.
- . What does the graph of the polynomial ax²+ bx + c represents. What type of graph will it represent (i) for a > 0, (ii) for a < 0. What happens if a = 0.
- If one zero of 4x² – 9 – 8kx is negative of the other find k
Short Answer Type Question
1 1/α+1/β =7/3 2 1 3 k=7 4 p=2 5 x²– 10x + 7
6 x²+2x+1/5 7 2√3,2/3√3 8 k = – 5, 3 and a = –125 + 27 9 x ² – 4x – 1 10 -2/3
Long Answer Type Questions
1 .1 /3 , 3 /2 2 5 3 p=7, k=7/4 4 k=1 5–2, 3
6 k = 6 7 k = 2 8 A curve (parabola) upward parabola, downward parabola, straight line.
Padhte Chalo, Badhte Chalo !
#BadhtechaloBadhtechalo ,– An initiative to help all the Class X Students get access to Quality Education for FREE.